|1 pax||160 cuc||3 pax||60 cuc|
|2 pax||85 cuc||4 pax||50 cuc|
No transport included
|1 pax||60 cuc||3 pax||30 cuc|
|2 pax||35 cuc||4 pax||25 cuc|
+ 5 cuc per pax
Lodging for one night:
10.00 CUC per person + 60.00 CUC for the group (because of the stay of the driver and the guide)
+ 3 cuc per pax
Lunch or dinner:
+ 10 cuc per pax
• Extra excursion:
+5 cuc per pax
Companion guide (this price doesn´t include the payments in the reserve):
One day: 40.00 CUC
One day and one night: 80.00 CUCBook
Go on “safari” to the estuary of Máximo River to contemplate the marvelous natural habitat of flamingoes and other several migratory birds. Heading north from Camagüey, 95 km away – 20 km of tracks- is located the Natural Fauna Reserve, between the estuaries of the rivers Máximo and Cagüey. These hard to reach wetlands are, along with the surrounding cays, forests and mangrove swamps, an incredible wild-natural sight worthy of the effort needed to get there. Named a Ramsar site in 2001, the place is recognized for being the largest flamingo nesting ground in the whole Caribbean (happening from April to June). Also, from October to February, huge flocks of sandpipers, spoonbills, ducks, pelicans, herons, scarlet ibies and a large number of other migratory birds can be found in this place. Endemic birds can be seen all the year round. In this area is also reported the largest population of American Crocodiles in the north coasts of Cuba as well as the presence of a healthy population of West Indian manatees.
Possible excursions to be made in the place are:
- Path on the banks of the river, wetlands and mangroves (watching migratory birds).
- Path for watching endemic birds.
- Path around the nesting grounds (according to the season).
- On-boat trip around the wetlands or in the river.
The tour includes:
- Tour Guide (Spanish-Englis-French)
- Entrance to the reserve
- Local guide
- One of the exursion
- Place: ¨Rio Máximo Fauna Reserve
- Distance(round trip): 190 km
- Time for departure: 5.00 a.m
- Days available: All days
- Pick-up: At lodging place
- Recomended clothing: Shoes for walking in the mud, hat, long sleeved shirt, pants and sunglasses.
- Lenght: 8 hours (5 hours in the roads)