|1 pax||160 cuc||3 pax||60 cuc|
|2 pax||85 cuc||4 pax||50 cuc|
No transport included
|1 pax||60 cuc||3 pax||30 cuc|
|2 pax||35 cuc||4 pax||25 cuc|
Box lunch: + 5 cuc per person
Lodging for one night: 10.00 CUC per person + 60.00 CUC from the group as a whole (for the costs of the driver and the guide)
Breakfast: + 3 cuc per pax
Lunch or dinner: + 10 cuc per pax
Extra excursion: +5 cuc per pax
Companion guide (if you don’t want to purchase a tour, but would only like a guide to accompany you; prices do not include entrance fee to the reserve): One day: 40.00 CUC; One day and one night: 80.00 CUCBook
Heading north from Camagüey, 95 km away – 20 km of unpaved road - is located the Natural Fauna Refuge, between the estuaries of the rivers Máximo and Cagüey. These hard to reach wetlands are, along with the surrounding cays, forests and mangrove swamps, an incredible wild natural sight worthy of the effort needed to get there. Named a Ramsar site in 2001, the place is recognized for being the largest flamingo nesting ground in the whole Caribbean (from April to June). Also, from October to February, huge flocks of sandpipers, spoonbills, ducks, pelicans, herons, scarlet ibis, and a large number of other migratory birds can be found in this place. Endemic birds can be seen all the year round. In this area also contains the largest population of American Crocodiles along the north coast of Cuba as well as the presence of a healthy population of West Indian manatees.
Possible excursions to be made in the place are:
- Path on the banks of the river, wetlands and mangroves (watching migratory birds).
- Path into the forest for watching endemic birds.
- Boat trip around the wetlands or on the river.
The tour includes:
- Tour Guide (Spanish-English-French)
- Entrance fee to the reserve
- Local guide
- Place: ¨Rio Máximo¨ Fauna Reserve
- Distance (round trip): 190 km
- Time for departure: 5.00 a.m
- Length: 10 hours (5 hours´ round trip transit)
- Pick-up point: At lodging place
- Appropriate clothing: Shoes for walking in the mud, hat, long sleeved shirt, pants and sunglasses.
- Days available: All days